KIT-FO4B-WSMDSDST Fibre OWL 4 BOLT Quad Test Kit ST
Many fiber optic network bids and Requests For Quote (RFQ) are citing cabling standards to specify the set of guidelines (such as fiber length) that the network installer must follow during the network installation.
Adherence to such standards is meant to ensure the quality of the installation and guarantee that the network will perform as it was designed.
The process of testing a network installation to ensure its adherence to specified standards is called certification, and often requires hard-copy documentation as proof of adherence to standards.
The Fiber OWL 4 BOLT Quad Test Kit contains the tools necessary for certifying fiber optic links against a myriad of popular cabling standards in singlemode and multimode networks.
The Fiber OWL 4 BOLT optical power meter is multimode and singlemode ready, and contains a user-friendly Fiber Link Wizard that performs link budget calculation (including integrated fiber link length testing),
and sets a reference value using the characteristics of the link. This reference is the PASS/FAIL threshold and is calculated against the chosen standard.
Up to 1000 fiber runs may be stored, then downloaded to a PC for report generation using our OWL Reporter software.
It also includes intelligent automated testing functions, such as automatic dual-wavelength storage and auto-wavelength recognition, which reduce testing time and human error.
- Certification of singlemode fiber links at 1310nm and 1550nm and multimode fiber links at 850nm and 1300nm
- Auto-wavelength recognition and automatic data storage reduce testing time and human error
- Integrated fiber optic length tester for accurate link length measurements
- Data storage for up to 1000 data points including run labels, fiber type, and link information including link name, date, reference power values, fiber length, and number of splices and interconnects
- Built-in loss wizard for calculation of maximum allowable loss values (link budget)
- USB interface for continuous data logging, report printing, or data downloading
- OWL Reporter software for printing formatted fiber certification reports
- Absolute or relative mode for giving you instant pass/fail results
- Selectively view, delete or resample data points