FO-4V Fibre OWL 4 BOLT VFL Series
The Fiber OWL 4 VFL is a high accuracy, high resolution, microprocessor controlled optical power meter. The meter has a 75dB dynamic range making it ideal for both singlemode and multimode fiber testing.
An integrated visual fault locator port allows for quick and easy visual fault location or visual fiber identification.
It is much more user-friendly than previous versions of the Fiber OWL, including an optional upgrade to include fiber link length testing.
When used with OWL WaveSource light sources, its autowavelength recognition feature detects the wavelength being received from the light source and automatically switches to that wavelength,
allowing simultaneous dual-wavelength optical referencing and data storage. This feature increases productivity by decreasing testing time and human error.
It has an attractive handheld case made from high impact plastic surrounded by a protective rubber boot, a large, backlit, graphic, liquid crystal display, and 18-key keypad for easy data entry.
The fixed universal connector port accepts 2.5mm ferrule connectors, including ST, SC, and FC. It will operate for over 100 hours on a standard 9-volt battery and has built-in auto shutdown.
The Fiber OWL 4 VFL includes a built-in loss wizard that helps you easily calculate the allowable loss for the fiber runs that you will be measuring.
The meter stores physical fiber information for up to eight links. Link information includes: link name, date, fiber type, fiber length, connectors, splices, temperature, and calculated or user defined reference power values.
In addition, the meter will store up to 1000 measured data points with labels. Each value includes the fiber type and link.
The stored information can be selectively viewed, edited (measured again), printed, or deleted. The meter will print formatted reports of selected stored data directly using the built-in USB port,
or all of the stored data can be downloaded to a computer spreadsheet or our free OWL Reporter software to produce formatted certification reports.
- InGaAs photodetector with 2.5mm universal adapter port (for ST, SC, FC, and others) and 1.25mm universal adapter port (for LC, MU, and other SFF connectors)
- Multimode and singlemode ready
- Integrated precision-coupled visual fault locator for quick and easy visual fault location and fiber identification
- Automatic wavelength recognition (when used with WaveSource fiber optic light source)
- High-Power version available
- Large backlit 3x1.75" graphic LCD display
- Long battery life - over 100 hours on one 9-volt battery
- Data storage for up to 1000 data points
- Built-in loss wizard for calculation of maximum allowable loss values
- USB interface for continuous data logging, report printing, or data downloading
- OWL Reporter software for printing formatted fiber certification reports
- Absolute or relative mode for giving you instant pass/fail results
- Selectively view, delete or resample data points